Friday 12 October 2012

Alphabet Soup Partner Typeface Power Crit

During the alphabet soup project we had a progress crit on the Friday of the first week we had work to do in.

Some of the main points that were raised during the crit for me was to not over complicate things as I had initially intended to include a minor form of Egyptian Hieroglyphics as Leo (my partner) had previously lived in Egypt for a while. Another point that was linked into this was that I should start to consider scale and how what I was going to design would look like on different scales and what I could do to make it work on those different scales. The final point that was raised was that I should stick with the idea of the grimy looking slime covering the letters as it fulfilled its purpose of showing and portraying who and what Leo likes as a person.