Thursday 24 October 2013

PPP2 Task 1

For our set task by John we had to answer the following questions -

Reflecting on your Summer what is your most memorable event and why? 

This summer just gone I would say that the most memorable event I would say was my holiday to portugal, not only because it was a hoilday but just to see some different scenery was good. I had went with family to Albufeira and also visited Lisbon for a day which I really thought was amazing.

Have you made any contacts over the Summer that you feel could be helpful over the coming year or so and what outcomes did you feel you achieved?

How did you meet/contact these contacts (methods used or how it happened)? 

I did make some contacts this summer, mainly for corporate design work such as brochures, booklets and some poster design work. I had come across these contact through a friends business as owns a small social media and marketing company. I feel as though a lot of what I learnt in first year in terms of colour modes, Indesign tutorials and quite a lot of stuff really helped, but I think that due to the nature of what the job was I learnt how to work with other design creatives and how you would evidently be working if you was to design a booklet or as part of a studio; as I had to go to the place which we would be promoting though this booklet with the photographer and help direct the shots as I had a draft of the booklet already designed.

What methods of contacting creatives can you think of and what would you ask?

I have been thinking of contacting and hopefuly visiting a few design studios in Leeds such as Analogue, but apart from that I have not really been looking into any back at home in Leicester or possibly London.